Collin College 2800 Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano, TX 75074
In partnership with Region 10 Education Service Center, the Building RTI Capacity project is hosting a 2-day Response to Intervention (RTI) Institute, providing inter-regional professional development to campus teams of educators and school leaders, as well as district leaders, who want to improve RTI implementation. We will use the Campus Needs Assessment Tool to build connections between colleagues, address frequently asked questions and common implementation issues related to the areas of instruction, intervention, and assessment. The Institute is free and open to all Texas educators, regardless of where in Texas you live. (Yes, you can cross regional ESC boundaries!)
Register your team to learn more about the Campus Needs Assessment Tool, enhance your campus RTI implementation plans, and connect with colleagues.
- Develop an understanding of RTI as a framework for learning and behavior
- Explore assessments and the use of student data to inform RTI implementation
- Examine critical aspects of elementary and secondary literacy instruction
- Learn how to select a research-based intervention
- Addressing the needs of students requiring intensive intervention
- Consider how restorative practices can positively impact behavior (and lives!)
- Identify action steps to strengthen your campus’ RTI framework
- Learn about resources for children and youth in foster care, and network with district foster care liaisons and Department of Family Protective Services (DFPS) staff members (separate meeting on February 22, 2018)
Tell your colleagues to visit the Building RTI Capacity project website (http://buildingRTI.utexas.org) and explore its free resources and information!