Resource page with links to the National Center on Intensive Intervention's Data-based individualization (DBI) materials and resources.
This diagram is a visual representation of the DBI process.
The National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII) developed this self-paced, on-line module provides an overview of DBI.
This page provides detailed information for parents, including access to a graphic overview for parents and families. There is another graphic available that provides tips for parents and families on how to support intensive intervention.
Strategies, Tools and Resources to Support Intensifying Interventions
NCII shares strategies on intensifying interventions for:
- Behavior including antecedent modification, self-management, and reinforcement
- Literacy including phonemic and phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Mathematics including number system/counting, basic facts, place value concepts, place value computation, fractions as numbers, and computation of fractions
Tools to Support Intensive Intervention and DBI:
- Student Progress Monitoring Tool for Data Collection and Graphing
- Data Meetings (preparing for, conducting the initial meeting, and facilitating ongoing meetings)
- Data-based Individualization: A Framework for Intensive Intervention
- DBI Implementation Log: Daily and Weekly Intervention Review
- Making it Happen: What does it take to implement Intensive Intervention?